Ever think you had heard all there was to hear about High Intensity Training? Train to failure, brief workouts, write it down, get lots of rest, try to do more next time. There’s not that much else to talk about, is there?
Not so fast, my friend. Get your thinking cap on and fasten your seat belt for this month’s interview with Brian Johnston.
Brian is the Director of Education for Prescribed Exercise Clinics, and specializes in the area of bodybuilding, athletic strength training, and rehabilitation. He has worked with national and international-calibre athletes. He is the developer of the Zone Training and Tri-Angular Training methods. He has authored over 20 books on the subject of exercise and nutrition science, is a contributor to the Merck Medical Manual, and has written for various magazines, including Ironman and Olympian News. He has lectured internationally and has worked in various judging capacities, including the IFBB and MET-Rx World’s Best Personal Trainer.
And as if all that wasn’t enough, Brian was a close friend and former business partner of the late, great Mike Mentzer.
So grab your favorite caffeinated beverage and pay attention, because Brian is about to stretch your brain as he discusses:
- The one tip that Joe Weider gave him that actually worked
- The weird reason he got into High Intensity Training
- His relationship with Mike Mentzer, including their disagreements about training methods
- How to know if you are over-training
- How studying the field of economics helped his training (and can help yours)
- What’s better-counting reps or time under tension
- An explanation of his “Zone Training” and “Tri-Angular Training” methods (totally unique stuff!)
- Why lifting the heaviest weights possible may be a mistake for you
- And much, much more!!!
SPECIAL BONUS: At the end of the interview, Brian tells us about his one-on-one coaching program, and reveals what he will be presenting at the upcoming HIT Resurgence Conference March 15 and 16!
To listen to the Brian Johnston Interview, just click on the play arrow (the little triangle on the left) below:
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: This year’s HIT Resurgence Conference is being held March 15 and 16 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This is your one and only opportunity of the year to meet, learn from, socialize with, and be trained by some of the top High Intensity Training experts in the world, including Brian Johnston. If you believe strongly in High Intensity Training, you will not want to miss out on the lifetime memories you will create at this Conference.
P.S. Make sure you find me and say hello at the Conference!