This month we have an interview with a man who has won bodybuilding contests at every level from his teens through his 50′s, all while using high intensity training–none other than Mr. Dave Mastorakis.
Did you ever run into somebody who says, “That High Intensity Training stuff doesn’t work for bodybuilding–name one guy besides Mike Mentzer who ever won using it.”
Ok–how about a guy who has won over 75 bodybuilding awards at the local, state, regional, national and international level, from the teenage division all the way to the Ultra Masters (over 50) division?
That’s what Dave Mastorakis has done, all the while maintaining an unwavering commitment to High Intensity Training.
And speaking of Mike Mentzer, Dave is the guy who actually inspired Mike to become a competitive bodybuilder, when they were both teenagers.
And Dave isn’t one of these guys who is only good at posing–he’s won strength contests as well, and helped many others achieve their fitness goals as a personal trainer. He even has his own line of natural bodybuilding active wear!
Listen in and learn from the master as Dave Reveals:
- How a belly dancing act led him into a 40 year bodybuilding career
- How he inspired Mike Mentzer himself to start competitive bodybuilding, how they became friends, what it was like be Mike’s training partner, and his memories of their long friendship (very touching)
- The nutrition book that changed his (and Mike Mentzer’s) views on nutrition
- His thoughts on Arthur Jones
- His experience with volume training vs. high intensity training
- The commercial bias against High Intensity Training over the years, and how the top champs of the day were involved (THIS WILL FREAK YOU OUT)
- His secret to making continuous strength gains in his and his client’s workouts
- The best training routine he used during his career (great info for you young dudes)
- Who he sends people to for nutritional advice (surprising)
- And much, much more!
To hear the Dave Mastorakis interview, just click on the play arrow (the little triangle on the left) below:
Leave any comments for Dave below…..